[Foss4g2008loc] deadlines and timelines

Gavin Fleming GavinF at mintek.co.za
Tue May 13 13:01:35 EDT 2008

Hi all

There's been much discussion about extending deadlines and so forth. I've posted a 'master list' of deadlines at http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2008_Timeline

Please check all deadlines and comment to the list or directly change or add any that pertain to you. Once we've finalised these then all deadlines on the conference website and elsewhere must be synchronised with these.

Let's get alll the deadlines fixed and final by tomorrow (Weds).

We've extended the workshop deadline to 23rd. Because OCS (the conference software) only accepts deadlines for one track and because I want more time for marketing in South Africa to get more local submissions, I want the abstract submission to be on the same date. I note Serena's concern that she'll be away, but her subcommittee can deal with submissions near the deadline.

We also added new deadlines for posters.

And moved the early bird cut-off a few days to give presenters a final chance to benefit after being accepted.

I plan to put out an announcement tomorrow (Weds) about the new, final deadlines, the posters and the Bronze sponsorship, with an updated Prospectus.

Gavin