[Foss4g2009] mailing list setting, and conference call

Dave Patton davep at confluence.org
Tue May 6 14:44:11 EDT 2008

Cameron Shorter wrote:

> I understand that our next steps will be to have a kick off
> meeting/teleconference between the organising committee and Tour Hosts.

Will this be using the OSGeo conference call facility?
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Conference_Call

> I suggest this timeslot:
> Corresponding UTC (GMT)     Friday, May 30, 2008 at 00:00:00
> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?year=2008&month=5&day=30&hour=0&min=0&sec=0>

Whom do you want to "attend" the meeting?
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2009_Governance

> Can committee members please let us know if this time is suitable.

Can I suggest that any FOSS4G2009 mailing lists have
their settings set/changed so that by default replies
go to the list. Otherwise it's too easy for parts of
'group discussions' to end up being sent only to the
email's author.

Along with that, can I suggest that all "relevant
parties" join the associated list(s), so that a
'reply to list' will go to everyone, without the
need to be CCing multiple people.

--
Dave Patton
CIS Canadian Information Systems