[Foss4g2009] mailing list setting, and conference call

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Tue May 6 16:12:48 EDT 2008

Dave Patton wrote:
> Cameron Shorter wrote:
>
>> I understand that our next steps will be to have a kick off
>> meeting/teleconference between the organising committee and Tour Hosts.
>
> Will this be using the OSGeo conference call facility?
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Conference_Call
I'll advise after consulting with Tour Hosts.

>> I suggest this timeslot:
>> Corresponding UTC (GMT)     Friday, May 30, 2008 at 00:00:00
>> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?year=2008&month=5&day=30&hour=0&min=0&sec=0>
>>

> Whom do you want to "attend" the meeting?
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2009_Governance
Yes.

>> Can committee members please let us know if this time is suitable.
>
> Can I suggest that any FOSS4G2009 mailing lists have
> their settings set/changed so that by default replies
> go to the list. Otherwise it's too easy for parts of
> 'group discussions' to end up being sent only to the
> email's author.
I've seen religious debates on whether email lists default reply to all
or one, with strong opinions for both and no resolution. I'd like to
avoid another debate and stick with what we have.

> Along with that, can I suggest that all "relevant
> parties" join the associated list(s), so that a
> 'reply to list' will go to everyone, without the
> need to be CCing multiple people.

Yes, I'll ask Tour Hosts and Linlin Ge to join the email list. You can
do this by adding your name and email in this web page: