[Foss4g2009] FOSS4G video link to download

Dave Patton davep at confluence.org
Fri Oct 24 21:46:33 EDT 2008

On 2008/10/20 11:30 PM, Janelle Driscoll wrote:
> Dear Organising Committee,
>
> Please find below the link to download the promotional video that was
> shown at the FOSS4G 2008 conference to promote FOSS4G 2009. Please let
> me know if you would like it to be added to the FOSS4G 2009 website.
>
> http://www.tourhosts.com.au/download/foss4g2009_promo.avi

Overall, I like it :-)
Methinks I may have to visit Oz ;-)

1)
I get various artifacts when viewing the video.
Does anyone else?
For example, right at the start, the scrolling
images across the bottom half - the left side
of the first image(roos) is a jagged sawtooth.
Similar 'sawtooth' effects appear throughout
the video.

2)
What rights do we have to this video?

3)
Never having been to Australia, I don't know where
some of the places are located, or what they are.
Knowing the conference will be at SCEC, and seeing
some scenes of 'people in a theater setting' makes
me wonder if that was at SCEC. Would it be worthwhile
to have any sort of 'storyline' to go with the video?
Or selected stills, with captions, in a photo gallery?

--
Dave Patton
CIS Canadian Information Systems

Degree Confluence Project: