[Foss4g2009] Results of meeting with Tour Hosts - some decisions made

Dave Patton davep at confluence.org
Wed Sep 10 10:50:16 EDT 2008

On 2008/09/10 4:10 AM, Cameron Shorter wrote:

> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2009_Meeting_2008-09-10_Program_And_Venue

>  Communication
>
>    * Tour Hosts has nominated Janelle to sit on the FOSS4G-private
>      email list, but initially will not sit on the public list.

Hmmm, seems ironic that this notice of the meeting
and it's outcomes was sent to the public list.

>  Budget
>
> Tour Hosts are reworking budget so that we can break even at 500, and
> hopefully still be able to expand to 900 if we get the numbers (by
> adding extra rooms etc).

The 2009 RFP stated "it is expected that the conference will
be budgeted to produce some revenue ($20K) for OSGeo, using
conservative expected attendance and sponsorship estimates".
If the 'general target number' is 500, then shouldn't the budget
be using a smaller number(400?) as the "conservative number",
and doing more than breaking even at that number, or at least
breaking even there, and making a $20K profit at 500?

--
Dave Patton
CIS Canadian Information Systems

Degree Confluence Project: