[Foss4g2009] preparation for Capetown

Tim Bowden tim.bowden at westnet.com.au
Mon Sep 22 07:51:29 EDT 2008

I'll mention anything that has a chance of getting in even one more
punter.  Off the wall idea:  Is there some way we can "twitter enable"
the conf?  Might be an interesting experiment (for suitable values of
interesting).

Regards,
Tim

On Mon, 2008-09-22 at 20:35 +1000, shoaib wrote:
> Bruce, Barack Obama  is on twitter (http://twitter.com/BarackObama) ;)
>
> no seriously if Tim mentions it some peeps will follow the foss4g2009
> twitter feed and some won't but i see it as just an other avenue to
> get the message to the public.
>
> I have seen twitter used quite successfully pre-conf to remind peeps of events.
>
> I have also seen it being used during the conference to inform peeps
> of currents sessions and upcoming sessions.
> (http://daggle.com/080509-184554.html)
>
> And sometimes even post conf for follow up info like slides are now online
>
> HTH
>
> shoaib
>
> 2008/9/22 Bruce Bannerman <bruce at bannerman.id.au>:
> > This may be a silly question:
> >
> > Does anyone use twitter?
> >

> > B   ;-)
> >

> > ...just kidding...
> >

> > On Mon, 2008-09-22 at 18:34 +1000, shoaib wrote:
> >> Tim if you plan to give a presentation please mention the twitter feed:
> >>
> >> http://www.twitter.com/foss4g2009
> >>
> >> cheers
> >> Shoaib
> >> On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 2:07 PM, Janelle Driscoll
> >> <jdriscoll at tourhosts.com.au> wrote:

Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you recognize a mistake
when you make it again.