[Foss4g2009] Videoing sessions at the conf

Janelle Driscoll jdriscoll at tourhosts.com.au
Tue Sep 23 19:51:39 EDT 2008

Will do, thanks Simon

________________________________

From: cucumber.sunshine at gmail.com [mailto:cucumber.sunshine at gmail.com]
On Behalf Of mapbutcher
Sent: Wednesday, 24 September 2008 9:37 AM
To: Janelle Driscoll
Cc: Tim Bowden; foss4g2009
Subject: Re: [Foss4g2009] Videoing sessions at the conf

Janelle,

I would ask both questions:

1. Would it be possible to supply our own AV?
2. If not would it be possible to record sessions using their AV - and
what costs would this incur?

Cheers

Simon

2008/9/24 Janelle Driscoll <jdriscoll at tourhosts.com.au>

Just to make sure that I'm asking the right question, are you looking at
bringing in your own equipment to recored sessions?

Janelle

On Tue, 2008-09-23 at 22:16 +1000, mapbutcher wrote:
> Tim,
>
> Would you mind directing me to where the limitations are stated?
>
> Cheers
>
> Simon
>
>From memory it was something Marie-Claire said early on in a phone conf
when we were at the bidding stage, though my memory is notoriously
faulty.  Linux Australia offered use of their AV sets but there was some
problem on the part of the convention centre with our using them.

Can TH please clear up what we are allowed to do here?

Given we have access to multiple sets of AV hardware (and assuming we
can get sufficient suitably skilled volunteer bodies to run them) it
would be a pity not to take advantage of it.

Also of note is that LA offered about 40 - 50 or so (iirc) wrt54g
wireless access points.  We can't use them in the conf centre obviously
but if we want any offsite ad-hoc wireless networks (labs or code
sprint?) they may come in handy.

Regards,
Tim