[Board] Re: [Foss4g2009] OSGeo AGM at FOSS4G?

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Tue Feb 3 12:32:33 EST 2009

If there was unlimited time and energy we could easily have a half-
day get together event.  But this is somewhat what FOSS4G already is
for OSGeo, so rather than suggest that, it might work if we could
roll AGM talks into regular presentation sessions instead.  e.g. have
one presentation where sponsors talk about their goals and experience
(good for other potential sponsors to attend), and other ones talking
about projects or committees (good for users or for potential
volunteers who might like to help on a committee), etc.  Roll them
together into a string to make a virtual half day session.  It could
be the AGM stream.  Then we also have a group session with an open
format for more discussion.  I haven't looked closely at timing and
availability in the conference programme timetable, but if it's
workable I would help organise this.

I think it would be more manageable.  With my "user" hat on, I'd hate
to lose the chance for individual projects/committees/sponsors and a
"real person" to share with the group.  This way you'd still get to
see a face but also not be locked in to have to see all of them ;-)

Tyler