[Board] Re: [Foss4g2009] OSGeo AGM at FOSS4G?

mapbutcher mapbutcher at mapbutcher.com
Sat Feb 7 23:30:52 EST 2009

Cameron, apologies for delayed reply.
No i have not allocated a time slot or space to AGM yet, but following the
thread and Bruce's comments I would also not be keen on pushing the AGM into
a social dinner. It would be to the detriment of both events IMO.

As an alternate, we could use the following option:

On the basis that the AGM is not universally of interest then perhaps we
could cut the last session slot on the 21st in the auditorium and schedule
the AGM from 16.00-18.00. Sessions would run concurrently in the other rooms
for the first 30 mins of the AGM and those opting to attend sessions but
still wishing to attend the AGM could join in after the sessions close at
16.30?

I have notionally allocated 16.30 onwards on both the 21st & 22nd to BOF
sessions. If we opt for the AGM on the 21st then i would suggest not holding
BOF after the sessions close on the 21st to try and encourage attendance at
the AGM. This would leave the 22nd only for BOF sessions

Simon