[Foss4g2009] Possible Key Note Speaker for FOSS4G-2009 [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Fri Feb 13 14:37:40 EST 2009

On 10-Feb-09, at 2:27 PM, Bruce Bannerman wrote:

> With regards to a Climate Change key note, perhaps:
>
> - A brief motivating description of the current state of affairs.
>
> - Key areas of CC research where appropriate spatial software
> solutions
> are
>   not currently available (could potentially get some OS spatial
> creative juices flowing).

The first idea can be quite divisive or discouraging for those not in
agreement with the popular CC side of the debate.  I'd hate for
attendees to feel OSGeo is trying to indoctrinate them.

I believe the attendees would be more particularly interested in the
second idea - tying in systems and software solutions would be
interesting to all.