[Foss4g2009] Welcome Reception venue

Mark Leslie mrk.leslie at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 22:49:55 EST 2009

Also on my todo list was a visit to the Shelbourne, the proposed venue
for the welcome reception.  I managed to get that in before Christmas,
so I'll share my impressions with you all.

First, the location is almost ideal.  Very easy to find and more
importantly very easy to describe to people with no knowledge of the area.

The staff weren't especially friendly or helpful, with the exception of
the manager who was great.  They did know their jobs and handled the
crowds well.

I was lucky enough to see the Altitude Bar, the rooftop (with a roof)
that we are aiming for, during a function.  It was very well laid out
and easy to move around.  Great for milling/shmoozing.

Anyone interested can check out their menus at
http://www.shelbournehotel.com.au/public/pages.php?id=104, but the
prices look reasonable, and the drinks were not especially expensive.

All in all, I think we've got a winner here.  But I am willing to check
it out again sometime, just to be sure.

--
Mark Leslie
Geospatial Software Architect

Ph: +61 2 8570 5000 Fax: +61 2 8570 5099 Mob: +61
Suite 112, Jones Bay Wharf 19-21 Pirrama Rd Pyrmont NSW 2009