[Foss4g2009] Website Submissions

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 06:34:37 EST 2009

OSGeo conference committee,

Simon asks a number of questions about setting up our website below
which can probably be answered by someone involved in prior conferences.

If you can point us at text for previous related texts, then please send
it through.

mapbutcher wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I have made a series of changes to the current site which can be
> viewed here:
>
> http://www.mapbutcher.com/foss4g2009/
>
> Note there is a new left hand menu option: Programme with the
> following sub menu items:
>
>     * Conference Schedule
>     * Speakers
>     * Presentations
>     * Workshops
>     * Tutorials
>     * Posters
>     * CCIP
>     * Events & Activities
>     * Submission Guidelines
>
> I have added what content I can at this stage - the main focus has
> been around the Submission Guidelines and Workshop pages.
> The Submission Guidelines page contains guidance and links to our OCS
> instance which I have set up. I can't make the scheduled meeting this
> week because of work commitments - perhaps the following can be added
> to the agenda?
>
>    1. Do we want to provide Author Guidelines?
>    2. Tim, can you supply some blurb for the speaker page?
>    3. Could someone provide a description of the tutorial format so we
>       can add this to the tutorial page?
>    4. When should we open call for tutorial submissions?
>    5. Anybody want to add content for the poster page - Jody do you
>       have experience from previous years?
>    6. When should we open call for poster submissions - what is the
>       format of the submission?
>    7. Cameron are you happy with the CCIP page - any more input?

Yes, looks good.

>    1. Events and activities - if we're happy with Shelbourne shall we
>       add this as the 'welcome reception drinks'?
>    2. Submission Acknowledgement email - Cameron within OCS we can
>       configure the submission acknowledgement email - could you
>       scratch something together?
>    3. Presentation Themes - are we going to have a set of suggested
>       themes?

Yes: "Climate Change", and "User Driven", which means "How to
integration Open Source into existing systems".
> Can all OC members please create an account in OCS if they do not
> already have one - and I will add them into the organising team page
> within the OCS instance + I'd like us to test the submission process
> to iron out issues before 2nd Feb.
Created an account for me: camerons