[Foss4g2009] Specs for a machine for the CCIP?

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 17:27:41 EST 2009

The VM technology has not been specified yet. I've heard a number of
people speak up for VMWare and we will try to get VMWare to load us a
license for the conference in return for marketing.

Re memory:
* I'm hoping that all virtual installs can be active for the duration of
the conference. Is that a realistic expectation from based on hardware
constraints?

Re adding other servers:
I expect this to be an area of debate. Our requirements are:
1. Demonstrate interoperability
2. Allow side by side comparison of applications (some vendors might not
like this). Specifically, make hardware specs equal so we can focus on
the software.
3. Provide a legacy testbed which can be passed on to future conferences
with minimal re-configuration

So maybe we will ask all vendors to build their image on a virtual
server, but that they can bring their own server as well, or purchase
their own server if they wish.