[Foss4g2009] Specs for a machine for the CCIP?

Roald de Wit roald.dewit at lisasoft.com
Mon Jan 19 17:59:57 EST 2009

Hi all,

About a year ago Sun has acquired Innotek, the company that created
VirtualBox [1]. VirtualBox is a serious contender in the VM market and
is available in open source and commercially licensed flavours (the
latter flavour has some extra options).

If Sun is so kind to lend us a server and if there are no objections to
using VirtualBox, I think that would please Sun since they can use our
CCIP as a showcase for both their hard- and software.

My experiences with VirtualBox are quite positive and I prefer it over
VMware.

Regards,

Roald

[1] http://www.virtualbox.org/

--
Roald de Wit
Software Engineer
roald.dewit at lisasoft.com

Commercial Support for Open Source GIS Software
http://lisasoft.com/LISAsoft/SupportedProducts/

The contents of this email are confidential and may be subject to legal or professional privilege and copyright. No representation is made that this email is free of viruses or other defects. If you have received this communication in error, you may not copy or distribute any part of it or otherwise disclose its contents to anyone. Please advise the sender of your incorrect receipt of this correspondence.