[Foss4g2009] FOSS4G Organising Committee meeting tomorrow

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 01:18:45 EST 2009

The next FOSS4G Organising Committee Meeting is tomorrow.

Agenda is at:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2009_Organising_Committee_Meetings#Next_Meeting
(Please add extra items as required).

There is a lot to cover, so we will address the Tour Host issues first,
and may need to postpone some items to email lists or the next meeting.

We will use BOM's teleconference line. Bruce, can you please provide the
dial up details.

If you are dialing in from Overseas and would prefer to be skyped in,
I'll endevour to set up a skype bridge for you.
Please send me your skype id.

    * Wednesday 21st January 2009, 1300 - 1400 (Sydney Time)
      http://timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2009&month=1&day=21&hour=2&min=0&sec=0&p1=195&p2=240&p3=179
      <http://timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2009&month=1&day=21&hour=2&min=0&sec=0&p1=195&p2=240&p3=179>

    * Agenda:
          o Vote to accept our [Profit Sharing Policy
            <http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2009_Discounts#Distributing_Conference_Profit>].

          o Review [actions
            http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pu9014gybzrdbXehN8JAJfg]
            (Tour Hosts)
          o Review schedule
            <http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dcd63bvv_14vzf642gg&hl=en>
            (Tour Hosts)
          o Functions and Tours report (Tour Hosts)
          o Engaging SSI (Dennis Puniard, Cameron)
                + Dennis, SSI, expects to be able to draw ~ 100
                  delegates. SSI represent our target market.
                + SSI are holding a conference in Adelaide before ours.
                  Advertising opportunity.
                + SSI interested to know how FOSS4G can be of benefit to
                  SSI. Eg: 5% discount to SSI members.
          o Marketing (Kirsty, Tour Hosts)
                + Marketing into Asia/Pacific
          o Review Workshops (Mark)
          o Review CCIP (Graham de Hoedt, Cameron)
                + Press release pending
                + Need to source data
          o Keynote Speakers (Cameron)
          o Review Website (Simon)