[Foss4g2009] Keynote speakers and hosts

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 21:21:27 EST 2009

We should decide on our keynote speakers.
Criteria for keynotes:
1. Will draw delegates
2. We can afford them
3. On topic and entertaining

Seems like Tim Flannery is unavailable to keynote FOSS4G due to other
engagements.
Graham de Hoedt from the Bureau of Meteorology recommends Scott Power:
"Scott Power, one of our leading researchers, has agreed to speak. Scott
is a brilliant speaker and very good at de-mystifying the whole climate
change topic."
http://www.bom.gov.au/bmrc/clfor/cfstaff/sbp/cv.htm
Has anyone else seen Scott present? How did he come across?
I suggest we invite Scott to set the stage for the Climate Change theme
of the CCIP.

Raj Singh has agreed to introduce the Climate Change Integration
Plugfest (from the technical angle) on the first day.

Also, ...
Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) wrote:
> We tried to get Mark Shuttleworth for 2008 but weren't able to.  I'd still love to have him at foss4g, I think there'd be lots of interest from participants and an obviously applicable topic.
> My two cents, cheers.
I suggest we ask Mark. It would be great to get him.

There are also a few notable OSGeo personalities that have been
mentioned as well:
Paul Ramsey and Schuyler Erle have been mentioned, and it would be good
to slot them somewhere in the program too.

Who else should we be considering?
Please vote of comment on your favourites and with sufficient support,
I'll make inquiries  to get hold of Mark Shuttleworth and Scott Power.