[Foss4g2009] Workshop printing

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Jan 21 19:32:08 EST 2009

Mark Leslie wrote:
> We are stating in our call and submission instructions for workshops
> that we are expecting additional materials to be produced for attendees,
> such as handouts, workbooks or CD-ROMS.  Jody has brought up the
> question of what we are willing to do to support this.  Should we be
> prepared to provide print services for workshops; ie. instructors will
> upload material a week before hand and we will have enough printed to
> cover their room?  Alternately we can simply recommend a print shop near
> the convention center.  I believe there's a kinkos nearby.
>
> I don't think it's a question of offering printing to tutorial
> presenters, they will just get contact details for our preferred print
> shop.

Mark,

FOSS4G 2008 provided use of a printing account paid for by the
conference to workshop presenters.  I think there may have been
guidelines on what was considered a reasonable amount of expense.

Given that workshops are cash generating, and a large effort to prepare
for, I don't think it is unreasonable for the conference to pay for
handouts.

Best regards,