[Foss4g2009] Draft of Call for Abstracts

Harley Prowse HarleyP at geobiz.co.nz
Tue Mar 3 16:30:13 EST 2009

Thanks Mark.

Here I go again on my pet topic for the presentations.  I'd really like
to emphasise the need for a good selection of non-technical
presentations as well as the technical ones (which I am sure we will
get).  To that end, how about a few minor changes as per below...

Presentations are open to all those interested and will provide 25
minutes of talk time with 5 minutes for question and answer sessions at
the end. All selected presentations will cover the use or development of
open source geospatial software.  <insert> The committee is looking for
a mixture of technical and non-technical presentations.

Case Studies: Share your experiences using open source geospatial. What
problems were you attempting to solve? How successful were you and at
what cost? What can others learn from your experience? <insert> How did
you sell the Open Source concept to management? What was the Return on
Investment?

Harley Prowse
www.gbs.co.nz