[Foss4g2009] Draft of Call for Abstracts

Mark Leslie mrk.leslie at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 01:00:45 EST 2009

After the extension of the call for workshops, I got two statements of
intent for a 14 submissions (really one statement of intent and one
request for advice/review).  I expect that few people are going to
bother stating for the record that their going to submit an abstract
until they're ready to submit an abstract, and they aren't going to be
the people we need to chase.  It's something we can throw in, "if you
have questions, comments or to state your intention to submit" or
something like that, but I don't think it gains us anything in the way
of indicators.  We should have a single point of contact to point them
to though.

I believe we currently have an 'expression of interests' signup on the
web site.  Don't know what happens with signups though.  I haven't
receive anything through that channel AFAIK.

--
Mark