[Foss4g2009] Demonstration Theatre

mapbutcher mapbutcher at mapbutcher.com
Tue Mar 10 06:42:59 EDT 2009

Jody,
What commitment is required in relation to resources other than the physical
ones you have stated - will you need another pair or hands?

At the moment we're utilising the following rooms:

Parkside Auditorium Parkside 110A
Parkside 110B
Parkside G02
Parkside G03
Parkside G04

with the upstairs foyer used for the exhibitor space and the downstairs used
for the poster space/OSGeo 'chill out' area (by the way....given your
experience with the poster sessions - could you take a peek at the quote
from TH - my feeling is that the number of boards (30+) seems excessive and
we could reduce the amount and allocate the budget to providing some comfy
furniture for the OSGeo area and make the downstairs space a really social
space?)

...anyway...demo theatre. I agree with Mark in relation to using the
exhibitor space to avoid detracting from the booths - however I'm not sure
how practical this would be given the demo theatre format and the area for
the exhibitors.   As an alternative we have kept G07 in our room block -
would this be useful - it can do 60 theatre style?

http://www.scec.com.au/content/library/Parkside_G01_G07__13.04.06.pdf

Simon