[Foss4g2009] Organising committee more effective at email blasts than Tour Hosts?

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 18:47:11 EDT 2009

Tour Hosts,
I'm questioning whether Tour Hosts can be as effective as the Organising
Committee at email blasts.

The OC has compiled a viral email list of community leaders, who have
been effective at translating our last press release and emailing the
release to their respective communities, with a personal introduction.

It would be hard for Tour Hosts as an external organisation to be able
to tap into such strong and effective community good will.

On top of that, the OC has been writing all press releases/eblasts sent
out to date, and I think we should continue to do this.

This doesn't reflect poorly on Tour Hosts, but rather is an indication
of the strong community links and good will that FOSS4G has acquired
over the years.

So unless I'm missing something, I suggest that eblasts be removed from
Tour Host's responsibilities and removed from the budget.