[Foss4g2009] FOSS4G and Ignite Spatial

Stephen Lead stephen.lead at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 19:58:24 EDT 2009

Hi all,

No 1 is a good idea, but No 2 won't work - as you said, people will be more
interested in talking to each other than in listening.

No 3 could work, but I think Ignite works best when it's held in an informal
pub setting after work, rather than at lunchtime. It works best as a block
of 10 presentations, rather than one or two presentations while people are
also eating their lunches. You need a big crowd, rather than a handful of
people.

What about holding Ignite as one of the options for people to go to, on one
of the nights? Not everyone will want to go along to every evening event, so
it will give people a choice as to that evening's activities.

We'll have enough attendees to go ahead even without FOSS4G, so it would be
a way of showcasing the diverse range of events being held in Sydney.

I'll also sign up for the workshop list.

Cheers,
Steve