[Foss4g2009] Workshop printing

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 18:56:50 EDT 2009

> acceptable number of pages and delivery timeline.  Does anyone think 50-100
> pages, comb bound (cheapest and will lie flat) is appropriate?

That sounds just fine; limit it to black and white and I think you
have it. Making sure it will lie flat would be very good.

> I have an OfficeWorks price list in front of me, listed as valid until the
> end of the year, which puts black and white copies at 6c each between
> 501-3000 copies, colour at 75c each over 501, comb binding for up to 100
> pages at $1.95.  This would put 580 B&W books in the range of $2871-4611, or
> $9-16 per delegate, though there will be some additional costs for
> downloading documents and covers and such.

six cents a page is fine; I would hate to see us spend our volunteer
time putting books together.

Your 9-16 does not sound correct to me; how many delegates are you
expecting to attend workshops?

Jody

PS. We should see if we can negotiate a cheaper rate for other
conference activities (such as tutorials and presentations which we
expect instructors to handle on their own?). At the very least we
should recommend a local copy shop and tell them to expect some
action.