[Foss4g2009] Workshop printing

Mark Leslie mark.leslie at lisasoft.com
Sun Mar 29 19:05:04 EDT 2009

mapbutcher wrote:
>  >>It isn't rocket science.....on a related point I attended a PostGIS
> workshop in 2007 and received a very poorly binded document, perhaps
> this was your handy work Mark? :)

It's not a science it's an art and it needs to be practised.  I would
expect we'd be doing great by the end of the run.

> Can you clarify what you mean by 'charging a premium'?

That should read 'charging a premium for attendees'.  I certainly hope
we aren't charging instructors.  Though the cost is lower than I
initially thought, so it's slowly sinking into my mind that it's a 'fair
price' not a premium.

>  >>Yes i think this would be an issue, does it also highlight the need
> for us to start canvassing for volunteer resources that we may need
> across the conference as a whole?

Have you outlined a schedule of resources?

>  >>Obviously this needs to be sorted prior to registration and I share
> your concerns about resourcing this and the time taken to complete prior
> to the conference.
>
>  >>+1 if the cost is directly added to workshop registration costs.

I've been working under the assumption that the aim of workshops was to
break even at least, so I agree that they must bear their own costs.

--
Mark