[Foss4g2009] AGM timing, again

mapbutcher mapbutcher at mapbutcher.com
Fri Sep 18 22:09:35 EDT 2009

The overview schedule online shows the AGM running at the same time as BoF
on Wed 21st.  However the detailed day plan has just the AGM, with the BoF's
being run on Thurs 22nd.
As BoF are self organising by providing rooms on both evenings perhaps the
organisers of the BoF's can make the call?

Even if they do run concurrently I'm unsure in practice how much dilution
would happen? I think one of the original reasons for pushing the AGM to
earlier in the week was to try an attract delegates who may be leaving
Sydney late Friday afternoon or Friday evening. This may well be the case
for many local delegates. Having the option for these local delegates to
attend the AGM is beneficial IMO as it gives them the opportunity to get a
feel for the operational aspects of OSGeo or indeed

This said I'm happy to move the AGM  - It's your call Tyler

Simon