[Foss4g2010] workshops

Lluís Vicens lluis at sigte.udg.es
Wed Nov 25 05:08:47 EST 2009

Hi Arnulf and all,

En/na Arnulf Christl ha escrit:
> Lorenzo Becchi wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>> talking about workshop introduce a couple of actual issues:
>>
>> 1) Workshop Committee
>> Jeff is suggesting to create a Workshop Committee that deals only with
>> workshop issues.
>> Is there any enthusiastic volunteer to lead this group?
>> Is there any other enthusiastic volunteer to join this group?
>>
>> 2) Workshop capacity
>> For the moment we have the chance to book 5 room in one of the Universities
>> here in Barcelona.
>> They have a total of 139 computers.
>> If we choose to have two persons for computer we will have 274 places into 5
>> parallel workshops.
>> Totally 10 workshops in 2 sessions.
>>
>> lorenzo
>>

> 1 a) (someone local should do this)

Lorenzo? Carol? Jordi? Irene? I can support this group as well but the
leader should live in Barcelona so any issue can be solved more
efficiently :) We can also look for a volunteer outside the LOC so
people like Oscar Fonts could be a good choice. We can discuss this
internally and come later with a proposal...
> 1 b) I enthusiastically volunteer to join and support this group
>
> 2) We can probably fill twice that number. Many have booked more than
> just one workshop. Paul Ramsey even suggested to have the most
> frequented workshops run twice so that people have a chance to attend
> both even if they run in parallel. Is there a chance of getting two days
> of workshop rooms or more than just 5 rooms?

Lorenzo, we have to talk with Carol in order to evaluate the possibility
to plan an additional day dedicated to workshops. I believe that this
could be easier than getting more rooms (at least in the same venue,
UPC) for a single day. Are you planning to talk with Carol today? If you
can't do it, let me know and I will contact her.

Thanks for your comments.

Regards,
Lluís