[Foss4g2010] workshops

Lorenzo Becchi lorenzo at ominiverdi.com
Wed Nov 25 04:44:36 EST 2009

On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 10:16 AM, Arnulf Christl <arnulf at osgeo.org> wrote:

> Lorenzo Becchi wrote:
>
> 1 a) (someone local should do this)

agreed, if nobody comes from this list I'll post on OSGeo-es

> 1 b) I enthusiastically volunteer to join and support this group

bravo!

> 2) We can probably fill twice that number. Many have booked more than
> just one workshop. Paul Ramsey even suggested to have the most
> frequented workshops run twice so that people have a chance to attend
> both even if they run in parallel. Is there a chance of getting two days
> of workshop rooms or more than just 5 rooms?
>
> I believe someone already suggested dropping the tutorials, is that
> correct? They seem to interfere both with workshops and regular
> presentation sessions and they are almost the same amount of work as are
> the full scaled workshops.

If tutorials are the same of labs I was thinking they are a good idea for
the public.

2 days of workshops seem pretty complicated.
We can reach 1.5 days (monday morning to tuesday morning) I guess.
it will allow 15 sessions in total.

lorenzo