[Foss4g2010] OSM at FOSS4G 2010?

Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas jsanz at osgeo.org
Thu Oct 8 16:52:40 EDT 2009

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) escribió:
> Maybe this is old news, but there I was just shown this interest from OSM to
> hold their State of the Map event in conjunction with ours. Is that already
> on your radar?
>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/State_Of_The_Map_2010/Bid/Barcelona_%26_FOSS4G2010

Actually it's *today* news. And well, this is a crazy idea from Iván
Sánchez (OSM Spain), who this afternoon was a little bit taunted by
myself on a "macho" style tweet[1] :-)

So this is not an official OSM effort but a OSM Spain Local Chapter
idea, that should be supported and coordinated with the FOSS4G2010 LOC
if there's any chance.

Like Iván said, it would be the highest concentration of geogeeks, ever.

Well, except maybe in a geomorphometry conference XD

Cheers
[1] http://twitter.com/xurxosanz/status/4708216672
--
Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas