[Foss4g2010] OSM at FOSS4G 2010?

Iván Sánchez Ortega ivan at sanchezortega.es
Thu Oct 8 18:27:47 EDT 2009

El Jueves, 8 de Octubre de 2009, Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas escribió:
> Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) escribió:
> > [...] interest from OSM to hold their State of the Map event in
> > conjunction with ours. [...]
>
> Actually it's *today* news. And well, this is a crazy idea from Iván
> Sánchez (OSM Spain), who this afternoon was a little bit taunted by
> myself on a "macho" style tweet :-)

That pretty much summarizes it :-)

Actually, the call for venues for the State of the Map 2010 was announced
today^H^H^H^H^H yesterday. I recalled something about FOSS4G, and told
myself "why not?".

Please keep in mind that this is only a proposal for a venue. So:
- This is just me jumping the gun.
- Nothing is official until the venue is confirmed (5+ weeks from now). The
OSM Foundation has to decide the venue based on all the proposals.
- I would like to know what do OSGeo and OSGeo-es think about this proposal.
Is it factible to set up both conferences at the same time? Does OSGeo think
this is a good idea? Where is Lorenzo when you need him? :-)

> Like Iván said, it would be the highest concentration of geogeeks, ever.
>
> Well, except maybe in a geomorphometry conference XD

That would be geonerds :-P

Cheers all,