[Foss4g2010] benchmark slot in program

Bart van den Eijnden (OSGIS) bartvde at osgis.nl
Fri Aug 27 07:13:21 EDT 2010

Hi list,

I want to express my concerns regarding the choice of the benchmark slot
in the FOSS4G 2010 program.

In 2009 the benchmark was a plenary event at the end of the conference,
and this made it very successfull, it was the highlight of the conference
for a lot of people. Almost everybody has an interest in the benchmark
exercise, so this makes it a good choice for a plenary event.

Also, I don't think it is fair to the people presenting in slots parallel
to the benchmark exercise, since they won't have a large audience for
sure. It also means that a lot of interesting presentations need be to
missed if one wants to attend the benchmark presentation.

I also think 1,5 hours is too long, 30-45 minutes would be perfect.

Would you please reconsider this?

TIA.

Best regards,
Bart