[Foss4g2013] [OSGeo-Conf] Fwd: Fwd: FOSS4G 2014 LOI Question & Answer Phase

Seven (aka Arnulf) seven at arnulf.us
Sun May 19 08:56:57 PDT 2013

Thanks Venka.

Following Camerons suggestion I have added a paragraph to the FOSS4G
Cookbook at:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_Cookbook#Workshops

But that page seems to be getting nowhere fast. If we continue to be
so slow it will never happen. Does anybody have ideas how we can get
this handbook done quicker and better?

In Germany we have an 80 page manual for our annual FOSSGIS
conference. It was written by half a dozen people a week after the
event in a three day hackathon specifically geared to doing this and
nothing but. It appears that - understandably - nobody will write this
just for fun and on their own.

Cheers,
Arnulf