[foss4g2014] website design

Darrell Fuhriman darrell at garnix.org
Thu Nov 14 12:18:12 PST 2013

Thanks, Greg, I couldn't remember your name. :)

We would, of course,  love the additional help.  You hear that everyone, please shake your trees and help find us a good designer with time and willingness to donate.

We're definitely looking for someone to take on the task of doing the UI/UX design. I would even be happy if we could get someone to do mock-ups, which then a developer could implement. I think we have a lot more of the latter than the former in our various circles.

That's probably especially critical at this juncture, since we  haven't selected a platform for handling registrations and paper submissions. It's possible that some or all of those will be integrated into one platform, which would naturally effect how we do the implementation.

If we don't have an integrated platform, then I'd lean towards the static Jekyll setup that we're using now, but I'm by no means wedded to that.

If we fail to get a good designer in our community to volunteer, then we'll start looking at hiring one.

d.