[foss4g2014] Timbers "field trip"

Darrell Fuhriman darrell at garnix.org
Wed Nov 27 10:34:20 PST 2013

One idea that had been discussed as field trip option was a group outing to the Timbers.

As a pre-emptive option, we put down a (refundable) deposit so we could get priority choice of seats.

The 2014 schedule came out a lot earlier than I expected (I had heard January), and my worst fears came true: We have a home game at 2pm on the Sunday before the conference starts (Sep 7th), and none in the days after (instead it's an away game).

So, my question is, does anyone think we're likely to get enough "field trip" attendance to make it worth pursuing this option? For people traveling, it's unlikely they'd arrive in Portland in time for a 2pm kickoff if they're coming from anywhere other than the west coast, or decide to come a day early.

Thoughts?

Darrell