[foss4g2014] Timbers "field trip"

Eli Adam eadam at co.lincoln.or.us
Wed Nov 27 15:58:34 PST 2013

On Wed, Nov 27, 2013 at 10:34 AM, Darrell Fuhriman <darrell at garnix.org> wrote:

> One idea that had been discussed as field trip option was a group outing to the Timbers.
>
> As a pre-emptive option, we put down a (refundable) deposit so we could get priority choice of seats.
>
> The 2014 schedule came out a lot earlier than I expected (I had heard January), and my worst fears came true: We have a home game at 2pm on the Sunday before the conference starts (Sep 7th), and none in the days after (instead it's an away game).

I think that the 7th is better than the 13th

> So, my question is, does anyone think we're likely to get enough "field trip" attendance to make it worth pursuing this option? For people traveling, it's unlikely they'd arrive in Portland

I think that feasible dates for the field trip are evenings Sept 7-12,
with light attendance on the 7th or 12th.  I don't have the evening
schedule in front of me right now to see what else is scheduled, but
Monday night seems like perhaps the best night for a field trip.

Eli

in time for a 2pm kickoff if they're coming from anywhere other than
the west coast, or decide to come a day early.