[foss4g2014] Last meeting comments

Eli Adam eadam at co.lincoln.or.us
Sat Aug 16 09:30:44 PDT 2014

On Sat, Aug 16, 2014 at 7:41 AM, Darrell Fuhriman <darrell at garnix.org>
wrote:

> Comments may only make sense if you’re following along in the meeting
> notes.
>
> 1) We already have a foss4g account on Mapbox (it’s used on the front
> page). Contact me for details

... to give away as prizes for Map gallery.

> 2) +1 updating the website. We need Gala info, more prominent map gallery,
> also directions to the workshops, etc.* <-This is the perfect bite-sized
> job for someone!*
>
> 3) Badges. IIRC, They can be printed by the company doing the other
> signage. We have some drafts EVH did a while back, but they need to be
> fixed into a form that can be used to print:
> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/blgoo30t4jz0wur/AABSvM6zLXwtjdGL7-_e_HQla/Printed%20Badge%20Logos

(Need a press one too - I can perhaps just make and print these few
myself).  Discussion was partly on size too.  People sort of like the
WhereCampPDX style.

> 4) re: printed program changes.  Elizabeth never responded to me about how
> she wanted changes communicated. There’s still some last minute shuffling
> of the program. I think this is going to be a problem, and Elizabeth’s
> often poor at communication which won’t help.

I think that we are almost done on t-shirts which means that she can focus
all on program.  Let's not add more to her workload (i.e. badges - if we
need something toil through it ourselves or get someone else for small
distractions).