[foss4g2014] Newbie to FOSS4G, Oldbie to mapping

Margie Roswell mroswell at gmail.com
Sat Aug 30 11:04:37 PDT 2014

Hi,

Just wanted to say that I'm looking forward to attending FOSS4G.

Last month, I told my job interviewer, in essence: "I'm going to the FOSS4G
conference, so I won't be available to work that week (if you hire me)."

Well, they hired me anyway (and required that I start a week early, from
home). This has been a busy week! I'm packing today to move to Brooklyn for
the new job, then flying to *Portland* next Saturday... then back to
Brooklyn/job... then four days later, a new AirBnB. (The job lasts just
until mid-November.)

So... that's my moving-heaven-and-earth story (okay, just moving myself,
really) to get to FOSS4G.

I purchased a copy of MapInfo in 1991. I've been mapping in an
ever-evolving series of technologies every since. Lately mostly Leaflet or
TileMill.

Looking forward to the Flask workshop, and learning about whatever the heck
PySal is...

I followed some of the email discussion... almost volunteered on the "who
wants to make a map" thread but realized I simply didn't have time. (Plus,
I don't know anything about Portland). Has that map been made? I'd love to
get oriented to conference-specific locations.  (Just checked, and I see
that all the dropbox links from that thread are yielding 404 errors.) Can
anyone send that map?

Are most people staying at the DoubleTree?

I look forward to meeting everyone.

Sincerely,

Margie

--