[foss4g2014] Presentation CFP and

Eli Adam eadam at co.lincoln.or.us
Tue Feb 4 17:02:18 PST 2014

Looks good, collection of fine tooth comb below.

On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 8:46 AM, Darrell Fuhriman <darrell at garnix.org> wrote:
> Two easy things for you to help out with:
>
> The draft CFP is available here:
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1v6sT1el3yMHgANR0MqYXW8XqcmtjBu9EEcwFlMPK7DY/edit
>
> 1) Please take a look at it and make any changes/comments you see fit.
>
> The submissions will happen here: https://2014.foss4g.org/submit-presentation/
>
> 2) Pease test it out and let the list know if you encounter any issues, or suggestions for improvement. (One issue I know of is that Keywords is listed twice on the form, no need to report that.)

(slight disclaimer: I was logged in with an admin account in another
browser tab while testing this so this may be bogus.)

I go here and need an account, reasonable, I make an account, now I am
not where I was, nor (memory here) was there a button to click to go
there.  It would be better to go to that link, need to make account,
make account -->forward to where I was or have a link, "continue to
___________".

Then I go through it and want to "Stay up to date" which goes to
https://2014.foss4g.org/news which doesn't work but is sufficiently
entertaining.

Getting to "Log out" was not obvious, not sure that anyone other than
me cares about that.

Somewhere along the way it says "blind review process."  Is it fully
blind or just mostly blind?  If not fully blind, then we should say,
"partially blind" or something.  I don't feel strongly on the process
but it seems many other people do and that is why it is important that
we are very clear and articulate.

> Thanks again to Sam and Greg for all the hard work on the website, and to Tanya, Eli, and Matt for cranking away at our work party on Sunday.

Sam and Greg have been rocking it!

Eli