[foss4g2014] js.geo, OSGeo LIVE, AGM, ten years, code sprint, booth materials

Darrell Fuhriman darrell at garnix.org
Mon Jul 28 20:43:06 PDT 2014

> * js.geo details? More specifically, should this go in adjacent
> activities press release August 5th?

Moving to PSU, waiting on text details and confirmation of additional support. I’ll nag again.

> * OSGeo LIVE list questions - mostly:
> ** 2. Is there a speaking slot available for the OSGeo-Live presentation?

I suspect we can dig one up.

> ** 3. What are your thoughts on printing DVDs/USBs of OSGeo-Live?

For who? All attendees? If the latter, I think USB sticks are a bad investment.

> * Did we resolve the Annual General Meeting scheduling?  Did the
> website get updated with this?

Yes, and no. Sam is going to work on website updates.

> * There was a lack of interest in a “FOSS4G ten years on” thing with
> the initial people we approached.  Do we want to put a call to the
> discuss list or just pass on it?  Do we have time/space for it?

We can put it into the vacated AGM invited talk slot, if someone wants to take it and take on the task of organizing it.

> * Are there really ~120 code sprint “yes” indications?

There are 121 people who claim to be coming to the code sprint. If we think that’s wrong, I’m open to suggestions about how to get the right number.

> * Which booth materials do we want neighboring chapters to bring?  Pop
> up banner?  Printed materials?  Books? (I'll bring GRASS and PostGIS
> In Action but there are also OpenLayers, GeoServer, and other books)

Honestly, I don’t care. Whoever is responsible for organizing the OSGeo booth should handle that.  I don’t think we, the LOC, need to care, either. I have enough work to do without creating it. If you’re taking on the OSGeo booth, go ahead and decide what needs to be there/what’s available to be there. We certainly have the pop-up banner locally that you can use.

> * http://www.djangocon.us/ is in Portland the week before, not sure
> how much geo will be there.  We could offer to cross promote.  Know
> any organizers or likely content?

Not me. Wouldn’t count on much geo, though. Not many people likely to attend two conferences in two weeks, either. That would be utterly exhausting.

d.