[foss4g2014] On Travel Grants/Scholarships

TC Haddad tchaddad at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 07:41:08 PDT 2014

If it matters, the conclusion we had when it was discussed months ago was
that first priority on how funds were spent was to:

- waive registration
- comp hotel costs

This is how we came up with the approximate budget, and yes, under this
system, airfare would still be on the recipient. The thinking was that
often airfare is one of the easier items for people to scrounge (due to air
miles).

In general, this plan would involve no cash changing hands which is pretty
desirable from an administrative perspective.

Just throwing this out there, so that we have that context in this
discussion...

Tanya