[FOSS4G2016] FOSS4G2016 - Update 10.4.2015

Till Adams adams at terrestris.de
Fri Apr 10 05:21:10 PDT 2015

Jeff,

> Excellent update, thanks Till.
>
> Related to your PCO and FOSSGIS e.V. discussions, it is important that a
> dedicated bank account be created soon, so that OSGeo advanced/seed
> funding can be sent to you.  For past FOSS4G events this seed funding is
> in the range of 20k-50k, and usually sent in one transfer (easier for
> our volunteer Treasurer to send one transfer instead of several smaller
> ones).

Knowing that, but first of all, we have to clear up the details.... I'll
keep you updated!

> Glad to hear the news of shared tracks with the EARSeL community.  Nice
> work.

that enables you to stay the whole summer 2016 in Bonn - EARSel will be
in early June ;-)

> Add to your task list to set up a template for http://2016.foss4g.org/

Thanks for that!

> Is there an update on your progress with your logo?

Not yet. Kicking Dennis in his a... since some weeks, but unfprtunately
he is in Berlin and heavy to reach. I work on that...

> I guess I mentioned all this in a previous message, and there is still
> lots of time  :)
>
> PS> I'm trying to picture myself in that chancellor chair, ha!

Yeah! I send you a picture of this chair next time I'll be there ;-)

Till

> [...]
>> their offer and make a contract. This has to wait some days because of
>> 2. They already reserved the ship for the gala event (and I fixed the
>> evening with the band ;-))
>>
>> 4. I just came beack from a meeting with WCCB. We've discussed the offer
>> and reduced some performance from their side. We also changed a room in
>> contrast to our primary plannings. This will not affect us but @Volker
>> as the chair of program committee I will let you know in detail, what
>> we've changed. I will mark this in the plans of WCCB and publish this.
>> The changes will reduce the overall price a little bit.
>>
>> 5. With this I also "gave back" 4 of 5 of the pleanry area rooms, as I
>> guess we will not need them. We will have a conference office on top of
>> the plenary chamber, which is included and can offer this one remainig
>> room in this area for spontaneous (business-)meetings or use it for
>> speakers preparation. It is always possible to rent additional rooms in
>> advance (e.g. if someone comes up and needs a meeting room for business
>> meetings), but this will generate additional costs.
>>
>> 6. The official date will be the one originally planned in the proposal:
>> 24.-26. of August. For that period the WCCB is only for us, no other
>> conference will take place. This makes us more flexible inside WCCB
>> andoffers also better rates for accomodation.
>>
>> 7. I also discussed the issue of streaming/recording with the
>> technicians. This is not an issue for them. Another technical issue is
>> that the video walls and the beamer-technique in the rooms in the new
>> part are all in 16:9, so we agreed to offer also 16:9 in the older rooms
>> (Bonn/Berlin), so we are on the same base over all rooms. There are some
>> smaller issues for the video walls (no laser pointer possible, etc.) we
>> have to let to know people talking there.
>>
>> 8. As said before, the plenary chamber is a great room! We had the
>> meeting inside and I love this bright atmosphere inside. They asked me
>> where the chair wants to sit and offered the former cancellor seat, but
>> I think Jeff is better abrogated there ;-)
>>
>> 9. I also met Klaus Greve some days ago and we discussed the issue with
>> the now seperated EARSeL conference. We agreed in the idea of having an
>> exchanging track at least, in order to let communities know each other.
>> So we will have an remote sensing track (Volker!) and they will offer an
>> FOSS4G track on their conference. For this and potential "UN conference
>> " status" with potential discounts for WCCB there is a meeting with some
>> people from the city of Bonn next friday at 12. If someone of you will
>> join us, feel free contacting me.
>>
>> 10. @Volker, for the short movie we want to make to introduce FOSS4G2016
>> at the closing of FOSS4G2015 we will have a meeting at WCCB (for some
>> shootings) in May. This would be an opportunity for you to come up to
>> Bonn and see the venue. As May is rather full at WCCB, they will tell me
>> two or three possible dates in the next days.

NEWS:

-> Untergrunddaten in 3D - in Ihrem Browser? Kein Problem!
-> Wo steht OpenLayers 3? Lassen Sie sich von uns beraten

terrestris GmbH & Co. KG
Puetzchens Chaussee 56
53227 Bonn
Germany