[FOSS4G2016] Key Topics: open data

Gert-Jan van der Weijden (OSGeo.nl) gert-jan at osgeo.nl
Mon Dec 28 07:06:33 PST 2015

Hi LOClist,

In order to finalize our key topics (before 7th January!) list I'd like
to know your opinion on "open data" as one of the key topics.
My perspective is mainly dutch, and in Holland I notice a few things:
1) "open data" in mainly a "geospatial data" topic (by the way: same
goed for "linked data")
2) "open data" is mainly regarded as data provided by governments
3) the "open data"-community and the FOSS4G communities have a very
large overlap

I was wondering if the situation in others countries (especially the
D-A-CH) in comparable to the Netherlands.

Regards,

GJ