[FOSS4G2016] [FOSS4G2016 marketing] collbaoration with Media-Company, Textkoch usw.

Gert-Jan van der Weijden - Stichting OSGeo.nl gert-jan at osgeo.nl
Thu Jun 18 04:03:17 PDT 2015

Hi LOC,

(especially Till and Marc Vloemans)

In the bid/proposal the role of MediaCompany is described. A few quotes:
"Of course we are planning to involve a professional conference organizer. For this, we
decided to work together with the MediaCompany."
"The offer of MediaCompany is quite fair, the costs for the all-together service including
preparation, running the conference and many other services such as graphical work,
consulting and and and are about 41.000 €."

This seems like very important info for Marc, myself and others involed in the "marketing department".
Also, in the current topics&chaisr setup a few others names are mentioned (e.g. : "textkoch").

It's not completely clear to me what formal arrangements already have been made, and what ideas have been raised.
In order to prevent that Marc & I on one side, and Media Company on the other side, work in opposite directions I'd like to setup a "Marketing kick-off".

Question: Who should attend, and in which role?

regards,

Gert-Jan