[FOSS4G2016] our Logo

till.adams at fossgis.de till.adams at fossgis.de
Wed May 20 02:01:46 PDT 2015

Dear Orga-Team!

For our proposal Dennis designed a preliminary logo for FOSS4G 2016 in
Bonn. I've attached both drafts to this email. Dennis is willing to work
on that logo a little more, but what he asked for is some input. Past
FOSS4G-events hold a logo competition, to involve the community in the
process of finding the conference final logo, such as here for the 2015
event:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Q1FOKCwqLOX-qWJ62_mdA1duVsUaGVcY6RJX0B1gtiI/viewform

I'd like to kick out something similar, but in order to do this, I
would like us all to point Dennis in some direction. So coming from that
drafts we've already published to the world in our proposal I would like
you all to comment them or also to throw in your own drafts.

The 2015 team started the competition last year in September, but
having in sight upcoming events such as AGIT, InterGEO and of course the
FOSS4G 2015 event in Seoul I'd like to finish that up earlier. I guess
for marketing material for the upcoming INSPIRE Gepspatial World Forum,
where Klaus Greve will be and also will introduce to the Bonner
GeoSummer 2016 we are already late - that event starts by end of next
week....

So please get involved and announce your thinkings about our logo by
sending an email to the list. At least think off the T-Shirt with the
logo you'll have to wear in 2016 ;-)

Please comment or bring in your ideas by end of May (31.05.2015)

So far, Till