[FOSS4G2016] Foss4g Update 22.05.2015

till.adams at fossgis.de till.adams at fossgis.de
Fri May 22 05:01:43 PDT 2015

Dear list,

a sum of the past two weeks. There are some issues to report although I
palready published them during the week.

1. Last monday we had the kickoff for our movie shootings for the film
for Korea. Tonight we are going to add some pictures from Bonner
pub-localities. Very useful, that it is friday night (cheers) ;-)

BTW: I've attached a picture of the plenary chamber and the longer I am
inside that room, the more I get excited for the moment when opening the
conference ;-)

2. Since this week, we have our own jiffy-box, where we can put down
our website. The box is ready-to-use so far (our terrestris admin
Sebastian did the setup, thanks for that!).
In the moment I wait for the redirection of "2016.foss4g.org" to that
IP (134.119.5.200).
@Jeff: I've created a ticket for that and wait what's happening....

If somebody has a quite good idea for a static HTML starting page, feel
free, just make! I will meet Matthias Eilers, the chair of the
Kuestenschmiede, who are willing to make us the website end of June on
the FOSSGIs hacking weekend.

3. Our LOC grew:
3.a. (ladies first ;-)) With Carmen we have a chair for the workshop
stuff, from my point of view, a very important part. Just a few minutes
ago we got a contact to the Bonner IHK (don't know what this is in
english ;-)) who are willing to offer us some workshop facitlities.
Carmen will get in contact with them.

3.b. With Hinrich we have a chair for the sponsor-ship stuff. Got some
activity in that direction, asked Sanghee (the 2015-er chair) for is
opinion, when the perfect date for kicking this out will be but still
waiting for a reply. I guess, they might have a lot to do there in South
Korea...

4. For the Ice-Breaker I contacted the person in duty from the
Botanical Garden. He is out this week, hope to get a date for visiting
by next week.

5. For frequent meetings I suggested to use the existing FOSSGIS-table,
which is planned to take place every first weekend in a month ("LUXX")
from 19h30 on. In June we move to 10th (because of bank holidays). From
then on, I'd like the idea of a - at least - monthly meeting. Feel free
to join us and spread the word!

6. Volker, the chair of programm committee was in Bonn sunday to monday
and took the chance to see the rooms. For now, I am waiting for feedback
from him, if the facilities (and especially sizes) are OK. If not, we
can get other rooms inside WCCB, we just have to ask (and to pay).

7. I started a discussion about our logo. For the monment there are few