[FOSS4G2016] FOSS4G 2016 Poster

Gert-Jan van der Weijden gert-jan at osgeo.nl
Tue Nov 10 05:56:28 PST 2015

Hoi Volker and others,

Nice job.
I'm not a hhuge fan of the cube, since -as you said-
a) it doesn't show all projects
b) the 2 most well-known projects (QGis & Postgis) are only displayed
with their logo, not with their name,
and thus for the outer circle hardly recognizable

Besides that: FOSS4G also wants to give other projects (not just
OSgeo) a stage

My verdict: use the OSGeo.nl logo!

One other remark: a white background often gives the idea of just an
empty sheet, with some text and pictures placed on it.
Why not use the banners "cloudy" background for the entire poster.

OK, one moe: a poster design that -perhaps slightly modfied- can be
used as a T-shitr print would be perfect!

Regards,

GJ