[FOSS4G2016] use of facebook for foss4g

Sanghee Shin shshin at gaia3d.com
Sat Nov 21 08:25:46 PST 2015

Hi GJ,

As I mentioned in my personal talk with you in Como and in my previous email in this lists, I believe Facebook is one of the most efficient way to reach potential attendees. Seoul team used Facebook for the first time in FOSS4G history for promoting the event and result was somewhat stunning.(Please see the attached top 10 referrers)

Yes. Seoul team used Facebook as means of attracting Friends of Facebook to the main page by posting at least 1 news or post every week to keep their attention to FOSS4G event. Regular posting is very important. So, please keep posting any news or activities Bonn team did previous week and then your Facebook friends will share your news with others.

In my opinion, Facebook is more efficient way to reach people than Twitter, since users can keep track of FOSS4G information very easily through Facebook while information on Twitter evaporate too quickly.

Please create Bonn teams Facebook first and ask OSGeo members through OSGeo discuss list to like and share it. And then many members happily share your Facebook!

Cheers,

신상희
---
Shin, Sanghee