[FOSS4G2016] adjacent communities

Gert-Jan van der Weijden - Stichting OSGeo.nl gert-jan at osgeo.nl
Sat Nov 21 10:43:34 PST 2015

Hi LOC,

As you all may know we would like to build bridges towards other communities
at FOSS4G - 2016

In order to make this a bit more concrete I distinguished 3
"high-potentials". I would like to know your opinion on the suggestions
listed below.

These suggestions are made from my Dutch point of view, I'd like to know
your opinion on how this fits with Germany or other countries.

- Python community: in the Netherlands there;s severy overlay between Python
user groups and FOSS4G user groups

- CMS: in several CMS-communities there are initiatives to integrate for
instance Drupal with geospatial (mostly OpenLayers)

- Open data: almost everybody involved in open source in the Netherlands is
also involved in open data. Perhaps due to the large of open data we have in
the Netherlands

(and of course also the already well-known communities around remote
sensing, and cartography)

Your 2 cents please!

Regards,

Gert-Jan