[FOSS4G2016] adjacent communities

till.adams at fossgis.de till.adams at fossgis.de
Sun Nov 22 03:44:25 PST 2015

Gert-Jan, @all,

I really like your ideas and I would absolutely support any activity in
direction of connections to neighboring communities! Also this helps us
to hit our goal of 25% "new" attendees from outside our community.

As you know, FOSSGIS also is behind the german speaking OSM community.
But looking at Europe  there is much more - we have INSPIRE (whatever
opinion one has... ;-)), we also have the Copernikus programme
delivering open remote sensing data to the world - I am in contact to
the German Aerospace Agency (DLR) about that, finally last friday I
found the perfect contact to them ;-). Also therei s OSM and the
openData policy of many public administrations in Germany. Wanted to
say, yes I absolutely support any bridges to all of this heterogenous
communities

About CMS I am in contact to a company from Bonn, who are highliy
engaged in the Drupal community. I'll see the manager next wednesday and
engagement in FOSS4G is also an issue we want to talk about.

Reagrding python community maybe you talk to Dominik Helle, he is in
Essen as well I think? Maybe they with omniscale have some contacts we
can talk with...

Another 2 cents,

Till

Am 2015-11-21 19:43, schrieb Gert-Jan van der Weijden - Stichting
OSGeo.nl: