[FOSS4G2016] use of facebook for foss4g

Gert-Jan van der Weijden (OSGeo.nl) gert-jan at osgeo.nl
Mon Nov 30 04:31:37 PST 2015

Hi Codrina, Marc,

Regarding the name: any suggestion will do. It was just a name to start
with.

Regarding the type of facebook page: in the Facebook terms and
conditions I read that when a community page becomes popular "it will be
adopted and maintained by the Facebook community".
That sounded a bit strange to me, I'd like to stay in charge of our
FOSS4G facebook page ;-)

About using social media in general: yesterday I discovered
http://socioboard.org/, a dashboard to which one can connect several
social media channels (twitter, fb etc.).
Makes it easier to define media campaigns (instead of seperate, ad-hoc
twitter & fb-updates). Seems like worth a more in-depth look.

Kind regards,

Gert-Jan