[FOSS4G2016] use of facebook for foss4g

Codrina Maria Ilie codrina at geo-spatial.org
Mon Nov 30 02:56:41 PST 2015

Dear G-J & all,

I think spreading the word via social media is essential for the success
of an event nowadays. I know that most of you are Twitter users, but in
my part of the world Facebook has a much wider grip.

It's great that we already have a FB page, but I have 2 small questions:

1. Why FOSS4G2016 - Bonn- Germany ? In the spirit of what Sanghee
initiated with the FOSS4G 2015 page, I think we should leave it to
FOSS4G 2016. I think it better express the fact that we are talking
about the global event, not a regional one.
2. Why NGO page? Again, following on Sanghee steps, I would change the
category to community, as it better explains, in my mind at least, what
this gigantic gather around is all about.

My 2cents,
Codrina

P.S. change facebook page category
[https://www.facebook.com/help/222732947737668/?ref=u2u]